24. Suriname, Discoveries Maka Central, Sapakara and Kwaskwasi (offshore Block 58, Apache/Total, 2020):
How much money could Suriname obtain from these discoveries ?
Some 60 billion US$ Gross Revenue. With 21 billion US$ Suriname Government Take.
This is my own calculation, to have a ball-park figure (amount in billion US$ involved ).
- Petroleum Sharing Contract (Model PSC, https://www.staatsolie.com/media/tuvjyme3/model-psc.pdf; Average R-factor 1,25.
- 300 million barrels reserves Maka (Woodmack 2020)
- 300 million barrels reserves Sapakara
- 300 million barrels reserves Kwaskwasi
- 70 US$ / barrel, when entering production phase, somewhere 2027.
- Economics run
Some 60 billion US$ Gross Revenue.
From Maka Central, Sapakara and Kwaskwasi discoveries (2020).
Some 21 billion US$ Suriname Government Take.
A) Gross Revenue Maka Central discovery could be some 20 billion US$, with
Government (Suriname) total net income: some 7 billion US$
a. Royalty: 1,3 (billion US$)
b. Profit Oil: 2,7 (billion US$)
c. Taxes : 3 (billion US$)
Government Take represents some 65 %, if adding 20% participation in Production phase.
IRR between 20-30%
B) Gross Revenue and other financial figures for Sapakara and Kwaskwasi discoveries are the same as Maka.
Get the newest updates in your inbox!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and update